Wednesday, April 4, 2012

1936 Marconi rigged sloop Volante 42′

Must  sell!

1936 42′ Nunes Bros sloop Volante. 2 sets of sails, running Perkins diesel motor, all teak interior. Hauled 2 years ago and was out of the water for a month. Did a thorough job on the hull (didn’t find any rot, but took the time to really go over the planks and seams), including a 3 coats of paint above & below the water line, and replaced 2 of 7 keel bolts (aft and fore). The remaining 5 looked ok and replacing them would be more nice to do than must do. Replaced the zinc. Have been working on the topside on & off over the past 2 years. The cabin top has been fully refinished and was going to start on the decks. The decks aren’t bad but there are a few spots that need the wood replaced. The 60′ mast is down, but not for any reason other than I had the boat in a covered slip. The boat has an iron keel and the hull is iron fastened.

Volante won the Master Mariners twice, 1st place in 1986 and 3rd in 1989, and it’s not hard to imagine her winning again.  She also took their Perpetual Dead Eye Award in 1989.

Overall the boat is sound and doesn’t require any major work. I never thought I wouldn’t finish her restoration — it wasn’t a major project when I started and it still isn’t — but things happen and plans change. I really don’t have a choice, I have to let the boat go and immediately. I wanted to get $10k but I don’t think I have time to go through a long drawn out sales process so in effort for  a quick sale, I decided to ask just $7k, as is. It’s possible to keep the boat where she is in Pt Richmond, but let me know if that is your intention. If that is the case, we can go over those details and make the arrangement with the marina. If not, please be prepared to move the boat at the time of purchase.

You can look at the boat any time. I’ve made arrangements with another boater at the marina who will show the boat if I can’t be there. The boat is in Pt Richmond, I-580 exit at Canal Street.

I wasn’t able to take any pictures before posting this ad. However,  I found a picture of a boat that looks enough like mine for you get a visual idea. Again, this is NOT my boat. This is like mine.

Call 415-336-2834 any time between 8am-10pm. Please serious buyers only. I don’t have enough time to waste any.

Included in the price are various boat things such as life jackets, materials for the boat, etc.

Not the boat, just similar to the boat for sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment